Dear Helen!

I do have similar experience with Permax as your husband. I was also on
permax 3 mg/day. After I started with Permax for 1=BD year ago, my ankles=

appeared more swollen than before.
My body/face color is redder than normal only than I am drowsy after the
madication. =

Drowsiness was/is my big problem. It used to appear about 1 hour after
taking Permax. My neuro told me that the sideeffects appeared us a
result of to high blood concentration of Permax 1 hour after medication.
I have reduced Permax to 2=BD mg/day, with 1 mg in the morning and =BD mg=
4 the rest of the day. I am feeling much better!
Conclusion:
It is better to take Permax =BD mg x 6, than 1 mg x 3.

Swollen ankles: Check the heart and try to move your legs more. Reduced
muscle activity may also leed to swollen ankles.

I wish you all the best.

Hallvard