Elizabeth, the article is not saying a whole lot, just that certain
drugs can activate apoptosis, and we know that apoptosis is active
in Parkinson's disease. What interests me is that a viral infection
can also cause activation of apoptosis.
  It looks like a viral infection may have caused my son's autism,
at least we are in the process of getting the cerebrospinal fluid
for testing. My father had a rather quick on-set of Parkinson's
after my son was born. And I am wondering if the both of them have
HHV-6 a viral infection that is very hard to detect even with
extensive testing. The symptoms would be different in a newborn,
than a 65 year old man and would be easily overlooked by a physician.
                                    Linda Forrest's Mom