This is an ongoing problem for all lists.  Please ensure that your
passwords are kept private so no one else can subscribe you to discussion
lists without your knowledge or permission.  I know it's not funny to the
victim and it's certainly not funny to the listowner.  I do my best to
catch and delete the 'fake' subscriptions but, if it looks normal, it
goes through.  Why would you put up with it for an entire week before
demanding to be taken off?  Why would you not just use the instructions
you received when notified that your subscription was accepted.  Again,
protect your passwords and if notified that you have been subscribed to
any list that you did NOT subscribe to, notify your service provider,
change your password and unsubscribe from the list.  Barb

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Solberg Oivind wrote:

> Can you please get me off your mailing-list!!!
> I have resived hundred's of messages the last week from your Information
> Excange. I don't find this very funny!
> Thank you!

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing