Mary Sheehan wrote:
I think my neuro considers my stage very mild because, at this point, none

> off my symptoms are debilitating.  I do a lot of volunteer work, take an
> aerobics class 3 times a week, garden, paint watercolors and travel with no
> problems.  My life has not changed in any way, except that I try to take a
> nap every afternoon.

Mary, I feel happy to know that you are doing fine and wish you continue so for a
much long long time.

> As for Dopamine, I'm one of the group that believes that Dopamine should be
> delayed as long as possible.  As long as my symptoms don't interfere with my
> life, I'd rather just take meds that are neuroprotective and leave Dopamine
> until later.
>
> You may be interested to know that my neuro told me that the Parkinson's
> Institute is planning a blind study on Dopamine use in newly diagnosed
> patients.  One group will take no Dopamine, one group will take a low dosage
> and one group will take a high dosage.  That may help to resolve the question
> of Dopamine/no Dopamine once and for all.

It seems to me that the needs of Dopamine is very individual and changes for each
person and with time and areas of the brain envolved in a complex way. So I fear
that the results of this study may not be conclusive for these reazons.So there
cannot be possible to use a general prescription for all persons and cases.Of
course one must try to find out the minimum dosage that may optimize the relief
of his symptoms and probably this may be done using a continuous adjustments by
try and error method.

Good luck and regards
,
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +