Mary Sheehan wrote:
>>It wasn't until my micrographia got so bad that I couldn't fill
> out a form in his office and had to sell my business because of my
> bradykinesia that he sent me to a neuro who diagnosed PD.

and then

>none off my symptoms are debilitating.  I do a lot of volunteer work, take
an
>aerobics class 3 times a week, garden, paint watercolors and travel with no
>problems.  My life has not changed in any way<<

I don't know what kind of business you had to sell, but wasn't this a major
life change?  I think classification of phases and types of pd can be useful
for comparison of treatment results (and also for some reason comforting.)
 Still, I do admire your attitude and activity and wish my mother was finding
retirement so fulfilling.

My mom was diagnosed after what in retrospect seems several years of
gradually increasing symptoms and started on sinemet right after dx.  I've
been wondering about Mirapex because I hear such great things here, but also
hear of some really rough reactions to it.  Does anyone know statistics on
it?

emily ([log in to unmask]) for Mom 76/4 months