Yesterday will go down as a highlight for me -- I have rarely been so
warmly welcomed as by the Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society. So I'd like
to take this opportunity to say what a pleasure it was to meet Marvin
and Kristen Giles, Will Kuipers, and Jim and Emily Jackson -- they are
all just as exciting, giving, and lovely as their e-mail posts would
indicate. However, the entire DAPS group was gracious and very kind, and
must be commended for their welcome of a complete stranger who talked
too long.

Art Hirsch (who I had already met on a previous visit) and his mother
made me feel right at home the moment my plane landed. For those of you
who don't know Art, you need to listen carefully -- puns appear without
warning! He is an incredible organizer and a great asset to DAPS and to
this list.

Also thought the list might like to know that I am working to increase
awareness of PD among dietitians across the country. I belong to a
dietetic practice group, and have written an article on PD for our
quarterly newsletter. I hope to follow this up with a longer, more
in-depth article in the spring newsletter. I think that more health
professionals need to understand the special concerns that come with PD.

I'm also working to get funding to provide a nutrition component in a
local movement disorders center. Keep your fingers crossed!

Best,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD