On Tue, 11 Nov 1997 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Am I the only one wo is confused?  Is the Udall bill which was passed an
> authorization bill, or an appropriations bill?

Hi Dave & Lyn!

Today, I plan on checking this out myself.  A good resource web page to go
to in cases like this would be at:

http://www.vote-smart.org/     They also have a toll free number you can
call with questions: 1-800-622-SMART   There is also a reporter's resource
at 1-541-737-4000.

I highly recommend Project Vote Smart as a resource for the political
process.  Their information database is not to be outdone.  It is
non-partisan and user friendly.  I should know because I use to be a
volunteer and later, worked as a member of their support staff

Klara N.