hi fatta

you wrote:
>I would just like to give my opinion on this matter,
>as an individual looking from the outside of PD in
>and having seen hundreds of patients undergo pallidotomy
>and essentially regaining a life they thought was gone forever.
>I tend to be one of those skeptics that shuns alternatives
>which seem too good to be true, but this is one case where
>I have seen the results for my self (As Thomas did).
>Fatta

i hope i didn't give the impression
that i doubted the effectiveness of pallidotomy:
it's been proven effective in reducing
certain symptoms in certain patients
particularly those who have trouble
with symptomatic control using standard medical therapies

your words "...regaining a life they thought was gone forever...."
describe the emotional 'high' that pall-ees justifiably feel
when they lose debilitating symptoms
but that "forever"
is still lurking in the background since
they still have parkinson's disease
and it is still progressing

as an 'insider'
profoundly affected by this game and its strategies
i was concerned that claudia seemed to be considering surgery
only a month or two after her PD diagnosis
and when her symptoms are under control

the only time i may have considered
anything to do with pallidotomy "too good to be true"
was when the marketing of it seemed to have little reference
to the entire context of parkinson's disease
and all of its potential treatments

at the pubmed site
as an example of what i mean by context, i found:
references to parkinson's disease       approx 6,000
references to pd surgery                approx   800
references to pallidotomy               approx   100
references to pallidotomy + dr.iacono   approx    10

your cyber-sibling [nine years, scar-free, and salary-free to boot]

janet

janet [log in to unmask]