digest Dale Severance wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> One of my support group members was hospitalized 14 days for Electric Shock
> treatment for his PD. The individual had substantial tremours, was depressed
> and received little help from his sinemet.
>
> I have not seen anyone describing Shock treatment as a course of treatment
> for PD. Has anyone else heard of or had shock treatment for PD>
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dale Severance
> Syracuse, NY

There is a patient at Concord Hospital, where we are based, who has ECT
every couple of weeks over the last two years.  He has severe ons and
offs and and takes a daily dose of 2 grams of levodopa. This does not
help his mental state.  He seems to make moderate improvements with ECT
but alas they are short term. Doctors are monitoring the case closely
but it would appear not to be a clear cut case of idiopathic
Parkinson's.
Peter Dawkins
Parkinson's NSW