Hello Janet,

  I thank you for your honest explanation and agree with the careful and
educated approach you suggested to Claudia for undergoing pallidotomy.  The
truth is that most patients should begin suffering from Levodopa Failure
Syndrome (LDFS) before they or their MD should ever consider pallidotomy.  I
would, however, like to express that we are unsure if Parkinson's symptoms
continue to progress after pallidotomy.  I have seen 3 or 4 year follow-ups from
Dr. Iacono's patients, with the vast majority looking like they did after
surgery.  There is a great deal of research going on right now to evaluate this,
but until now, we don't know if there is a progression.  You also asked for
pointers to the types of PD.  I think I listed a link to an Iacono published
paper at pallidotomy.com but will see if I can't find anything better I will
explain it myself.  Thanks cyber-sis!

Fatta