John Stafford wrote about possible causes for developing PD:

>Don't recall any head injuries; but I did live in Uganda for
>4 years as a pre-teen where DDT and other nasties were
>frequently employed

I've often wondered if exposures to pesticides were the trigger events that
led to my husband's PD. John's comment about DDT in Uganda reminded me that
we were also exposed to a pesticide at the Kampala airport in 1963. All
passengers arriving in Uganda on a flight from Juba in southern Sudan were
sprayed liberally on head and body before being allowed to disembark.
(Tsetse fly control.) We also lived for some 45 years in the country in
central California surrounded by vineyards and orchards which, until
recently, were frequently treated with a wide variety of pesticides,
including the deadly Parathion.

But Neal and I were exposed to the same substances to the same degree in
most cases. He has PD and I do not. His neuro says our individual genetic
makeup and inherited susceptibilities explain why we can share identical
exposure to hazards and other variables for half a century with very
different outcomes.

Martha Rohrer  CG for Neal, 77/12