hi to dennis and mark

how interesting that 'co-incidence' placed your messages
'side by each' in the digest!

all of the studies and articles i've read
have stated that between 40% and 50% of all parkies have cd
partly due to the brain chemistry of pd itself

i may be hyper aware
of cd and its negative thinking
due to my experience with it [my 'volkswagen' analogy]

but i don't think there has been a blanket statement anywhere
saying that pd means one 'automatically' has cd

*** warning *** tangent ahead *** warning

it's interesting to me, particularly, as a female of the species,
that whenever i have posted information about cd
the responses i have received have been
99.9% positive and reinforcing
and 98% from women

this tends to confirm my own conviction
that the brain-washing/staining of our modern society,
as a broad generalization, has traditionally placed
'emotional' responsibilities on women
and
'action' responsibilities on men

which, to my way of thinking, has tended to produce
women who are more comfortable
dealing with emotion than action/assertiveness
and
men who are more comfortable
dealing with action/assertiveness than emotion

when i put this together
with theories like deborah tannen's studies on communication
[again, as a 'broad brush' generalization]
in re women feeling a primary need to connect
and
men feeling a primary need to maintain status

i am amazed that we as men and women
can break through this 'cultural' barrier at all

i equate it to arguing/discussing the colour of the same yellow sun
when women, wearing rose tinted glasses, are 'seeing' orange
and men, wearing blue tinted glasses, are 'seeing' green

your cyber-sis in theorizing

janet

janet [log in to unmask]