Hello List Members,

I=92ve been "on the list" for about two weeks, and have learned more abou=
t PD
in that time than I thought I=92d ever want or need to know.  I realize I=
=92ve
barely begun to know all I need to know.  I=92ve already made some wonder=
ful PD
friends during that time.  You are a VERY responsive and supportive group.

I was diagnosed on 9/22/97 with PD.  I=92d had some PD symptoms for as lo=
ng as
a year or more, but dismissed them as resulting from the stress and anxie=
ty
associated with my wrap-up of a 33-year career in education, the last 25 =
as
an administrator - and not having a specific plan for the second-half of =
my
life.

I retired and the symptoms didn=92t go away.  After a series of tests to
eliminate the possibilities of brain tumor or pinched nerves, (I was hopi=
ng
for a pinched nerve), a local neurologist made the PD diagnosis. =20

I=92m taking 5mg. Eldepryl and CR50/200 Sinemet, twice each day.  My left=
 arm,
which wasn=92t cooperating with me or my right arm when typing, tying sho=
es or
neckties or buttoning buttons, and which had started to shake, is working
much better and shaking less with the medication.  But the energy-drainin=
tension in my neck and throat is still there.  I=92m just figuring out st=
uff
about energy, endurance and insomnia.  I have some difficulty with all th=
ree.

I have been fortunate to schedule a second-opinion/consultation at
Massachusetts General Hospital, in Boston, with Dr. Walter Koroshetz.  I=92=
hoping to learn a lot more from him about MY particular PD and what I sho=
uld
be expecting for my future.=20

I=92m leaning heavily on "the list" and welcome the many posts each day.

Thank you so much for being there.

Tom Clift, 55/6weeks  ([log in to unmask])