My dad is on Mirapex ... in general he's doing much better than on the
Sinemet (which has now been eliminated). He was "sicker than a dog" on that
now at least he's alert and functional though his walking isn't what it
used to be pre-PD.

He's at 0.625 mg in the am (9:30) ... 0.5 at noon and 0.5 at dinner (about 6).
He's tried going to the higher dose - his N wants him at 1mg 3x - but he
feels dizzy and light headed at any higher dose than he's taking now.

But now I'm wondering if he's not taking them too close together ... the Dr
said with meals and thats when my dad eats B-L-D (retirees don't have to get
up and eat at un-Godly hours) ... but it really puts his lunch dose at
only 3 hours after his morning one - maybe its a bit of an OD those few hours.

Another related ? is that he uses Xalatan drops in his eys for Glaucoma.
The info packet with that says it can cause dizziness/nausea - but he's
been on that for over a year with no problem ... maybe something between
that and high dose of Mirapex ?

any comments suggestions ?

Donna

(daughter of PD dad 74 dg 1/97 Mirapex)

-                  Donna Bassolino-Klimas,  Ph.D.
                   Bristol Myers Squibb Pharma. Res. Inst.
                   Department of Macromolecular Structure
                   P.O. Box 4000    Room H3812
                   Princeton, N.J.  08543 4000