Jeanne, my dad is 80, has had PD several years, the rigidity is the primary
symtom. Unfortunately, the doctors and most folks have the attitude that when
you are 80, why bother looking for trouble, etc. Well I have another
viewpoint. If you make it to 80, you could live many more years, so why not
get the best help, even if it is not easy, or convenient?  Even a few years
of better quality of life, or at least not getting worse, is worth the
trouble.  A difference in meds, exercize, vitamins, etc etc can bring large
improvements for your dad.  Even if it does not make a large improvement, you
will feel better for making the effort.  I am NOT to make you feel guilty, It
is obvious you are trying to do the best you can.  Also, any improvement he
can get will benefit you are your mom.  Keep us informed on what you do, and
how it helps. Ken B