hi dennis

you wrote:
>Perhaps I misunderstood John, but I take the sentence
>> >Dennis, in many (if not most) cases, the knowledge
>> >that one has clinical depression (CD) comes well
>> >before the diagnoses of of PD.
>to mean that "in most" cases of PD, CD is present prior
>to the diagnosis of PD.

aaahhh, the light dawns!

i took john's phrase "in many [if not most] cases"
to refer ONLY to that 40-50% contingent of parkies who DO have cd
and not to ALL parkies
[the world of difference that you point out]

you WERE seeing green [!] and i WAS seeing orange

gosh,
if we have this much trouble with english
how on earth do people with english as a second language cope?

now for yet another small tangent:
why do you suspect that cd is overdiagnosed in pd?

i have always been curious
about wanting to know how and why things and people work
as i get older, i just get 'curiouser and curiouser' !

your sibbling in qurious quibbling

janet

janet [log in to unmask]