Janet,
Although I responded to this a few days ago, in re-reading your post, I
realize I failed to answer all of your questions.  Specifically those
concerning my symptoms and diagnosis and who prescribed the abundance of
meds.

So, here goes:  In l994 I saw a neuro-surgeon named Dr. Abu-Asal for
problems with my cervical spine.  I had pain, numbness, etc. in my right
arm and hand.  He did a two-level fusion which involved taking bone out
of my pelvic bone and wedging it between the disks.  The symptoms got
somewhat better.  Then in February of this year the symptoms returned.
They were similar but not exactly the same.  I had another MRI and it
showed that on the inside of the fused part of my spine 7 bone spurs had
grown and were pressing into my spinal cord and one more disk had gone
bad.  So he did another surgery and removed the bone spurs and fused one
more disk, this time using donor (cadavar) bone to decrease the chances
of more spurring.  I didn't get any relief from my symptoms.  He said
maybe there was nerve damage from the spurs and to give it 8 wks.  At
the end of 8 wks the symptoms were getting worse and my fingers on my
right hand seemed to be drawing inward and I could barely write.  Dr.
Abu-Asal had me see his associate, Dr. Ayman Mohamed.  He examined me
and had me go thru a series of physical maneuvers.  At that time he
gently informed me that he believed I was in the early stages of PD,
Type B.  He prescribed the whole list of meds.  I had a little trouble
with the Parlodel in the beginning and had to reduce the dose for the
first month, but within a few days my right hand was remarkably better
and I could write normally.  And the occasional slight tremor in my hand
was nearly gone.

When Dr. Mohamed first gave me the diagnosis I didn't want to believe
it.  I was sure he had made a mistake (I'm not always very trusting of
doctors myself), but when the symptoms went away I had to face the fact
that he was right.

I still don't understand why it seems I am taking so much more medicine
at this early stage than are others, but it is working and for me that
is reason enough.  And when Dr. Mohamed sent me to talk with Dr. Iacono
for a second opinion and reassurance and he concurred with the meds, it
further convinced me that for whatever reason, this medicinal regimen
must be right for me.

I am always open for new ideas, thoughts, suggestions.  And I very much
appreciate the enormous wisdom and experience of you and the others on
the list.

With love to all of you,

Claudia
53/2 mo/big bunch of meds