Debbie,
I have been diagnosed with Type B PD.  Like you, I have a hard time
finding much info regarding it.  Actually most of the info seems to be
originated by Dr. Robert Iacono and his associates and trainees.  I
think it may just be a way he has devised to differentiate between the
various types of PD.  Before I was diagnosed, I had no idea there were
more than one type.

You're right, akinetic means lack of movement.  As it was explained to
me, as my disease progresses I will suffer more from rigidity of my
limbs rather than tremors.  I have a very slight tremor in my right hand
that is pretty much controlled with meds.  It is only visible when I am
very stressed or fatigued.  I also fairly often feel what I can only
explain as an internal tremor.  My hand doesn't shake, but I can feel it
shaking on the inside.  My neuro said that is very common with my kind
of PD.

I don't know where to point you for more info.  But you might speak with
your Mom's dr and see what he/she has to say about it.

My best,

Claudia
53/2 mo/big bunch of meds