Dear Barb (and others),

Thanks for the quick welcome.  I kind of stumbled upon this list yesterday
and, out of curiosity, subscribed to find out what it was.  I was
overwhelmed with mail yesterday afternoon.  Didn't get anything else done.
Had a great time reading all that stuff.

I am 55 years old and was diagnosed with PD less than a month ago.  After
30 years in public education, primarily as a high school principal, I now
teach in the graduate program of the College of Education at the University
of Southern Maine.  My neurologist has told me that there are no active PD
support groups in southern Maine, so I have been surfing with Netscape to
find out who all is out there.  That's how I found you.

You asked what Parkinson's-related topics I would like, and I have to admit
that this PD stuff is all new to me and I am still learning the terminology
(yesterday I tried to look up "pallidotomy" in my dictionary, but not
there).  I guess, to be honest, that when I have been down lately I have
turned to Netscape, hoping that I'm going to read about some promising new
treatment that will make this all go away.  Instead I found a bunch of
people who have a lot more personal experience with and knowledge of PD
than do I, so I'm going to stay tuned.  (But I'm still hoping for the
miracle cure!)

Ken Nye ([log in to unmask])