Dear List Friends,
I feel a fraud! Here we are three weeks after signing off the list and
we are still in Indonesia.  We have managed to move 11 miles toward the
center of Jakarta where we are now established in a hotel (note the use
of a and not an-did I see a discussion on the English language?].  Thank
you for the good wishes, but it is like receiving farewell gifts and
then coming back - embarrassing.
So having packed all our possessions, sending the two cats off to
quarantine in Norway, the company plans have been delayed and we are to
remain in Indonesia though December and maybe through January and
February or??? Such is life.  Never mind, I've logged back on to my
Internet provider.  At least we do not have to face the Norwegian winter
yet.
The family has settled into the hotel with no problems after the
disruption of packing up the house.  Tegan is now 6.5 months old and has
grown into a beautiful healthy child.  She is no trouble and is an
absolute joy.
We will be leaving for Europe sometime in mid December for our Christmas
vacation and will almost certainly return to Indonesia, so will be
keeping up with the list until then.
How about something slightly relevant?
Pergolide:
my last brave words were that I was going to reduce the Pergolide.  As
it turned out I went down too quickly, found I was becoming stiff and
tried to compensate with taking more tablets too quickly.  This resulted
in a period of crying and distress.  This is the first such event I
would care to relate to medication, although part may also be related to
general stress in this period of time.
I have stabilized somewhere near my recommended dosage and feel mentally
ok.  Overall my symptoms seem to be a little worse, but whether this
requires a major change in medication strategy I will not know until I
meet with my neurologist in the latter part of December.
Workwise the biggest problem is typing which brings me on to the next
topic.
DragonDictate
Well Barbara Mallut, I agree with you totally concerning this program
(2.5).  During what up to now has been a relatively quiet period at
work, I have taken the opportunity to try out this program.  First of
all, if you are looking at these programs, version 3 requires pretty
hefty computing power compared to 2.5.
The program has taken a lot of time to begin to understand, but the
sense of liberation is quite fantastic.  Potentially, the software has
the ability to run the whole computer system hands-off after turning the
machine on (can be set to open automatically).  At the moment, for me
the program seems very slow - is it possible to speed up Barbara?  At
the moment I am sitting back relaxed and only occasionally using the
mouse.
Another question Barbara.  The worst problem I have is heavy breathing
(not that kind!!) down my nose which upsets the program, not with
misspelling but by moving the word frame on.  Any solutions?
Best regards

David Havard