As some of you may remember, last Monday I had been asked to take part in
a lecture re Parkinson's to a group of students.  I asked for input on
what we, the listmembers, would like health care professionals to-be to
know about living with Parkinson's.  Unfortunately, the lecture did not go
the way I understood it was.  The lecturer, a neuro, had been out of the
country until the day of the lecture.  When he came to my desk on Monday
morning, it was obvious to me that his picture of the lecture and mine
were quite different.  He thought I was going to be his 'patient' aka
'what he brought for show and tell'.  I thought not and explained that was
not my agreement with the course coordinator.  I had agreed to talk about
Parkinson's and answer any questions the students had.  He was not happy.
I was not happy.  The students and Parkinson's got short-changed.  In
talking to the course coordinator after, I offered to summarize the input
from the list and she is going to have it put on reserve in the Health
Sciences Library for the students.

The next two messages from me will be 1) the summary and, 2) the glossary
which was posted here a while ago.  If you have any suggestions to
improve the summary, please let me know as soon as possible.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing