This post prompts  me to weigh in with two facts about myself.  I  don't
have any
faith in the notion that chemicals or head injuries cause PD, but for
the sake of more complete  statistics,  I  was exposed  in my  early
teens to  an amount of DDT that killed a big, mature housecat living
with us, and when  I  was seven or so my buddy  swung  a golf club and
accidentally  hit  my  head. A week  later  I was still  walking  into
trees -- and to this day I have a small dent on the left  front side of
my skull.  As  we kids  growing  up  in Shaker Heights  used to say,
put  THAT   your pipe and smoke it!