hi judith

you wrote:
>Mark Hughes probably erred in not stating up front
>that he was involved with marketing this product.
>However, had he done so, I have no doubt that he
>would have been accused of blatantly pushing his
>product. He was in a no win situation.

i have checked his previous messages

his 'father-in-law' was not mentioned in any detail
until his business interest was exposed

prior to that, mark made mention of at least three different products

if his purpose in joining the list was to help his 'father-in-law'
why would his first action be to discuss his products?

my radar had been on alert for sometime

have i tried to sell anything to the listmembers? have you?
have any others of our current 1600 members?

after seeing his websites,
[which i stongly recommend, don't rely on my word only]
i have serious doubts about the truth of anything that he has told us

to call an unprofessional spade an unprofessional spade
he has more 'scam' websites and associated lawsuits and newsgroup 'exposes'
than a dog has fleas  [i apologise to any dogs reading this]

he is not just marketing the stuff
[no offense to those innocent herbs intended]
he owns several multi-layer-marketing companies

>... However, I didn't think he was 'pushing' it.

i'm not sure that i understand what you mean here
as far as i could tell, he was trying to sell something, period

>Nor do I like censorship, or dishonesty.
>Unfortunately, when someone is 'set upon,' in
>an open forum, a form of censorship is imposed.

that is not censorship,
it is simply aggression
or
a lively interchange of ideas

if someone is pounced on or flamed
they have every opportunity to make their position clearer
if they so wish

that is the miracle here
no-one can 'shout me down' or 'shut me up'

we all get to take our turn
and
we all have to take our turn

if i feel guilty about being caught out at something illegal
i might make a whole lot of noise and then take off for easier pickings
[viz mark's barrage of messages]

if i feel justified in my position
i might stand and defend myself against all comers

signing off the list
and simply being timid about posting
are two different things
and reveal two different states of mind
and dare i say two different attitudes toward PD

>Surely we can disagree, or state our opinions without overkill.

yes, we can and should disagree
but who draws the 'overkill' line? and where?
is that not true censorship?

>Mark Hughes may have signed off the list in disgust.
>And who loses? First of all, his father-in-law...

judith, i doubt very seriously that his 'father-in-law' exists

however, if he does, and if i were him,
i'd be looking for help in places other than my 'son-on-law'

your lively syber-sybling

janet

janet [log in to unmask]