Monday evening-so sorry for being a last minuter!

Dear Resourceful Listserv Night Owls,
I need your collective wisdom pronto.  We're going to see a new neuro to
hopefully get some new treatment options tomorrow afternoon.  I shall check
email before we go.

Art, age 56 (November 22, 1997), was diagnosed in late Jan. and in April he
was placed on Sinemet (25/100 3x daily) in addition to the Amantadine (100mg.
3X daily) he started taking in February.  Through my reading (most of it
provided by you, but also much on the various PD sites), I get the distinct
picture that it is best to avoid Sinemet until one absolutely has to be on it
and that some of the new meds can be used as monotherapy w/o Sinemet.  Well,
would we be off the wall to suggest to the neuro that Art get off the Sinemet
and try one of the new options?  In your opinion, would this be wise or
beneficial?

I took a sort of PD class in late August, Sept., and October.  One of the
speakers was a pharmacologist.  The pharmacologist indicated that soon there
would be coming out a new treatment protocol which indicated definitively
that Sinemet was absolutely contraindicated in the early treatment of PD.
 Have any of you seen such a protocol in your perusing of the web or of the
medical journals.  The pharmacologist indicated that this info would be
coming out within two months.  Now, if only I could remember what month he
spoke with us!  Think it was September.

Will let you know what we learn.  Appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
Barb Brock