My mother was just diagnosed with Parkinsons, and I'm trying to find a
local support group for her.  Something in the Cleveland/Akron, Ohio area.
Is anyone aware of a group meeting in that area?

Also, is familial Parkinsons always fairly obvious?  I'm not aware of
anyone else in my family with the disease.  What percentage of patients
have the familial disease?  Are there suspected genetic predispositions to
other forms?  Is it known/thought that the non-familial forms have the same
etiology?

Thanks,

Mike Holloway            |* On average, 9 people a day on the waiting list
[log in to unmask] |  for a transplant die for lack of a donor.
_________________________|* The end-stage diseases treated by transplant
  do not recognize age, race, nationality or pocketbook.
* There is no justifiable reason to deny organ donation, but many myths and
  misunderstandings.
* Next of kin must allow donation.  Your family must know your wishes.
* Only a small fraction of the next of kin of potential donors allow
  donation to take place.
* In general, medical professionals do not recognize their obligation to
  support and promote donation.
Questions? See FAQ:
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk/internet/news/faq/bit.listserv.transplant.html or
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/bit.listserv.transplant/