Joyce,
sleep. My sleep has been deteriating for years, and Icould get by at
home, but I was unable to travel, as I could not sleep in a strange
enviorement. I have used Ativan and as you say it works very well.
After being on 25mg of Elavil for a month or so I was able to take a
three week vacation and be very active . But I developed three side
effects all caused by he Elavil at least I think so. I had constipation,
blurred vision and hypertenson.
I stopped taking the Elavil last night and spent most of the night
listening to music on the radio.
I will use the Ativan in the future for a 1 or 2 night trip away from
home, but I was looking for something I could take for a extended period
of time. I am going to try a different med as suggested by Dr Meyer.  Or
at least I am going to talk to my Dr about it.

Lanier Maddux