Ropinerole is the chemical name for " ReQuip", the newest dopamine
agonist.  It is given alone sometimes to early onset PWPs,and also used
in later stages for those taking Sinemet, like my husband. Peter had to
reduce his Sinemet after one week on ReQuip to avoid hallucinations. He is
now taking 3 a day (one with each meal) and seems to be doing fine. The
main side effects we see is increased sleepiness at times. On the whole I
see improvement, and we are cautiously increasing the ReQuip and probably
also will reduce the Sinemet further in future. He did not need to be in
hospital, but this is sometimes done.  Good luck!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 79/8, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"