Dale,

voluntary sampling may bring a high percentage of responses or ??

the scope of your target seems to be an estimate of the number of pwp in the
USA. This is different than number of support group members. You should be
specific in which you want.

I have thought about our local membership in the support group compared with
the actual number of persons having the disease. We have had a group for 4
years exactly.  Five persons became deceased.  19 PwP are on the list (1
withdrew). Not all attend regularly.  The attendee may not be the PwP.  One
probably is not Parkinsonian. We are aware that a few others in town have the disease.

We are an isolated town in desert area - population about 30,000 perhaps.

The Udall law calls for a count. Have you a specific use for the info?
--
Ron Vetter 1936, 1984 PD dz   paradise is where you make it, not a place to go
e-mail: [log in to unmask]