^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   45  deg. F

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 07:38:42 -0500 digest Dale Severance
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Hi Folks:
>
>It is estimated that the PD community in the U.S. is one to one and a
>half
>million people.

>Lets consider posting the following information:

>!. The name of the poster

    Ivan Suzman

>2. The state in which the support group is located (perhaps also the
>support
>group name)

Maine. Mine is the Greater Portland Parkinson's Support Group

>3. Number of people in the support group.
    >approx 150

 Comments:

> There are a total of  500-600 people in 6 support groups in Maine,
according to our State APDA Chapter President, Carl Barker.

>There are no Young Onset Support Groups here.  I've never met a YOPWP in
Maine,NH or Vermont.
I hear there have been YOPD groups in Boston and New York City.