        Hi folks - I have been asked by my neuro at the University of Kansas Medical
Center (KUMC) to be further evaluated for participation in this study.  As I
am woefully behind in reading all my PD digests, I may have missed postings
on this, except for Stephan's posting belong.  The question is should I try
this or not.  Anecdotal experiences welcomed.  I'm scheduled to go in Monday
to determine my suitability further.  I will be happy to post my experiences
too.
        I think my last posting concerned my attempt to change agonists from
Parlodel to Mirapex.  It has not been an easy road to hoe - I've gone through
the excessive dyskinesia stage, and have found increased rigidity to be a
problem.  For the first time, I've had trouble sleeping due to discomfort
from rigidity.  Taking my cue from David ?, I think I am licking this problem
by taking all my dosages (.5 mgs, total 1.5 mgs) earlier in the day - now
basically pre- breakfast, lunch, & dinner.  Also, I have not been able to
successfully reduce my Sinemet but rather am finding that a full 5 25/100
have provided the best ongoing result (I previously took 4-5 with 4
predominating).
        Re: Udall - We did it.  We really did it!  What next miracle can we wrought?
Hats off to Jim, Joan, Margaret, Barbara S., et al.  I loved Jim's
description of his "signing: trip.
        A foot soldier in Kansas.
Barb
Barbara Blake-Krebs  (57, dx 1984)       [log in to unmask]
Merriam, KS, USA                                                (ltr after F is cap "i")