John,

I don't think you understand the concept of a listserv digest.  If you
select the digest option then, instead of receiving individual postings,
multiple posting are stacked and sent as one email with a table of
contents at the beginning.  The number of postings in one digest is
typically 15 to 20 depending on the size.  I typically receive 2 or 3
digests each day.  My Internet service provider says that no one email
should exceed 2 meg.  In the recent case I mentioned, the ISP said
that the email digest was about 4 meg.  I can't confirm that since I
could not receive it and had to ask the ISP to delete it.

----------
> From: John Cottingham <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: E-Mail Log Jam
> Date: Wednesday, November 19, 1997 7:53 PM
>
> At 08:21 PM 11/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >Would someone communicate with the tech people who handle the Listserv
> >Digest that the maximum size is 2 meg (2,000,000) bytes.  If it is
larger,
> >it clogs up the pipe and I have to call my beloved ISP company to delete
> >it.
> >
> >Shake, rattle & roll...
> >
> >Ken Rowland
> >

> Ken the last 20 weeks the WEEKLY log file hasn't exceeded 800K. Someone
is not deleting their mail when they download it. If the leave mail on
server is checked in the mail software...the box do runneth over.