On Wed 19 Nov, Barbara Blake-Krebs wrote:
>         Hi folks - I have been asked by my neuro at the University of Kansas Medical
> Center (KUMC) to be further evaluated for participation in this study.  As I
> am woefully behind in reading all my PD digests, I may have missed postings
> on this, except for Stephan's posting belong.  The question is should I try
> this or not.  Anecdotal experiences welcomed.  I'm scheduled to go in Monday
> to determine my suitability further.  I will be happy to post my experiences
> too.

Hello Barbara.  I am now three weeks into my experience with Remacemide.
(It may have been my earlier post on the subject which you saw). The trial
is a joint USA/UK effort, taking place ( I believe) in eleven centres , of
which the Queen's Medical Centre at Nottingham is one.

  The first two weeks was supposed to be a minimal strength starter, and
frankly I could not detect any effect.

  For the last 4 days I have been on the next increment (The plan is to keep
increasing the dose until I encounter some adverse effect). I think I am now
beginning to see some improvement - not dramatic, and I COULD be receiving
a placebo (25% of the participants are), so I will just wait patiently for
the next increment.

Incidentally, This is not a trial to get worked up about if you are looking
for a permanent improvement, because whatever the result, ALL of the drug
will be withdrawn  at the end of the trial, and it will be about 2 years of
further tests before the drug is cleared for general consumption (Assuming
that no bad news occurs along the way.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>