On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Dennis Greene wrote:

> Having PD does not mean you automatically have CD.  I would
> suspect that at some point everyone diagnosed with PD feels
> sad.  How could we not.  I would be extremly worried about the
> mental health of anyone who never felt sad about having a chronic
> life altering condition.  But being SAD does not of itself mean you
> have CD, and for those of us who are sad but not clinically depressed
> the time comes when we have to choose to put aside the sorrow
> and get on with our lives.   Those of us who find this impossible to
> do are the candidates for a diagnosis of clinical depression.
>
> I have no doubt that CD is underdiagnosed in the general population,
> but I suspect that it may be overdiagnosed amoung PWP.

Dennis and Janet...I have been on the alert for any signs of depression
concerning Gene since he was diagnosed in 1987.  There have not been any
that I've been aware of.  But then, he's the type of person who's attitude
is upbeat.  Don't get me wrong...he has his "down" times...but it's not
any different than it was before we knew about the PK.  But then again,
his symptoms are moderate and his meds are working.

On the other hand, it might be a different story if it were me with the
PK.

Klara N.