Good guess, Ken, but it was still dark in the room ('blackout' curtains) and
it was definitely in my head.  If anything, it was something of a
 re-creation by an enchanted brain of a  Diebenkorn (sp???) painting I saw
recently -- not identical, but similar, but with a powerful, luminescent
glow.  I looked up what Charlie called it and that seems to fit.  Maybe it's
like standing in a doorway and pressing your wrists against the side -- and
when you step away, your arms rise.  Maybe it made such an impression on me
in the museum, the image  rose up when I was in that state.  Liz