In a message dated 97-11-22 19:50:06 EST, Charles Meyer writes:

<< the announcement came out about the NPF Patients Congress & the
 steering committee meeting in MIami. This apparently was the price NPF
 Charged for their funding of the Congress. >>

My intial reaction to this announcement was similar to the one expressed by
Charles.
NPF appears to be preempting the whole movement, and I have strong
reservations about that.
My contribution to the efforts of the Udall Bill was minimal; I was only able
to get Cong. Moran to co-sponsor and I contacted my senators and several
local congressmen such as Bliley.  Nonetheless, I resent the NPF for taking
credit for most of this.
My primary duty is as a CG and I want this fight for a cure to go on as it
must, on a unified and selfless front.

Carpe Diem
Michel Margosis