<<

 Well, gang, it's Saturday night and I'm  home from the hospital sporting my
 new George Clooney haircut (with a square bangage in the middle of my head),
 several expertly placed lesions on my right-brain globus pallidus, and the
 ability to walk again when my meds are  "OFF."  Apparently I've also lost
all
 those painful dystonias on  my left side. Went six hours Friday night
without
 any meds and no problems!
 My neuro was excited, I was excited, Shirley was excited,  and my blonde
 NEURO RECOVERY UNIT nurse Sunshine was excited.

 By all measures so far, my eight hours (YES!) in the operating room was well
 worth it.  Even if they kept waking me up every time I fell asleep.

 More later.  I need to get some ZZZZZZZZ's in my own bed.

 Stan Houston (54/7) >>

Stan !!!!!! Yeah!!!!! This is terrific news <G>  Your the first "one" that
I've actually known<via list> that has had this operation since I've been
subscribed.... I've had you in my prayers since you sent the post about going
in for it....  I'm so excited that the "dystonias" are gone ... the MDD and
neuro-surgeon have mentioned sugery for the boys a few years from now ....
but ... oh well enough about that ... I am so glad that your home safe and
sound. Hugs from an Elf iN Tn...Romona
 http://members.aol.com/elf808/index.html   <---newbie webpage but it's in
color <G>
Elf wife to Tony (my hero), and mom to Tori (age 9, nda), Zach (age 7,
multichallenged), Cory (age5, multichallenged). The boys have no definative
Dx but several labels... nystagmus, strubismus, Dystonia, Parkinsonism,
Asthma, Execma, Hypotonia, Spasticity....ect  Collectively the
Dystonia/Parkinsonism effects the boys from eyes to toes and progressing
steadily. Currently Cory & Zach are taking Sinemet, Lodosyn and Cory is
taking Gabapectin and just started on a trial period of Lecithin. He's also
had 4 rounds of Botox, uses a walker or WC for mobility
Moderator for the Dystkids List(ette) for kids who have Dystonia or
familymembers with Movement disorders.