Jim Cordy is traveling away from his computer and asked me to advise the =
list
as follows.

Jim also when cold turkey of permax while starting up his requip. After t=
hree
days he became effected  to the point where he had to resume his permax w=
hile
adjusting to his requip.  Jim also wanted to mention that he knows of one
serious case of freezing while going off permax cold turkey and a second
similar case of total freezing requiring hospitalization.

Jim went cold turkey one day before myself

As I write this memo it has been 48 hours of Pardoval cold turkey and 48
hours since I took my first requip pill.
Tomorrow I start  2  2.5 mg 3 times per day of requip.

Yesterday ( first day of  new drug protocol ) I felt my body was stiffer =
but
I worked out hard in the gym after having been away for two weeks. I also
noticed a sharp decline in the amount of on time per sinemet pill which i=
25/100. I went from three hour period to2 =BC to 2 =BD  before I went off.
Today it seems that my on periods are stretching out again. From about 4 =
am
(woke up with first sever leg cramp in 9 months )  to 6pm I averaged thre=
hours of on per sinemet. Tonight it has been a four hour on period. I toy=
ed
with the idea of waiting till I went off to take another sinemet. However
rather than rush into the unknown I just took sinemet at end of four hour
period.  I am wide awake when usually I am fast asleep by this time.

I hope this summary may be of help to others trying the requip protocol.

For Jim Cordy and myself   good luck to all fellow travelers.

Started to write at midnight and now 12:25am on November 28, 1997

As I sit here at 1 am finishing up I realize that my toes have not curled
under in the last 36 to 48 hours.    DAMN can this drug be that good or i=
the house going to fall on me later today

Dale