my dear "cyber-dad" don

i have taken the liberty of attempting
to correct your dumb keyboard's spelling mistakes
because i think it's important here
[not that all your messages aren't important!]
and i know you won't mind

you wrote:
>dr. meyer, i know dave engles here in lima, ohio.
>you might try judith richards <[log in to unmask]> in canada.
>
>my computer is down, so right now i can't help you,
>as i have a program to chase down what you want
>all i can do now is use the pwp internet list
>
>i am goimg into hospital at 7:00 pm on monday. i am scared.
>last time, i was supposed to be there for 3 to 4 days,
>and ended up spending 5-1/2 months in the intensive care unit
>
>i lost my dad, mother, sister and an aunt to cancer.
>
>the use of my left leg is gone, my right leg feels the same
>i've had pains in my groin and stomach
>i've lost 5 pounds this week.
>
>they want fifty dollars per hour to work on my computer
>
>i do not know when i will get out,
>but i will get home one way or another, with or without their okay
>
>i can't ask god for help
>as there are too many pwp out there worse off than me
>
>i will say it's nice to know you all are out there
>
>so many pwp need help, and i want to give it to them,
>even you, lololo
>
>take care

>72/25 lima, ohio, usa
>I.Y.Q. don & vivian-love of my life

i sent the following to you awhile ago in a private message
but i think i'd like to tell the whole list
how i feel about you

>>--------------------------------------------------------
>> you say you want so much to help parkies
>> maybe the perception you have of how you already help
>> needs a boost
>>
>> the writing that you do
>> [regardless of how lousy your keyboard is at spelling]
>>
>> and the sharing that you bring to us all
>> [regardless of the subject matter]
>>
>> and the purity and brightness of your spirit and soul
>> [regardless of whether you are conscious of it]
>>
>> is such a huge help to all of us
>> and sets such a noble example to all of us
>> that your 'mere' existence here on the list is a blessing
>>
>> the deeds
>> you do today
>> may be the only sermon
>> some people will hear today
>>
>>      saint francis of assisi
>>--------------------------------------------------------

in re your computer,
if there is anyway i can help you with it after i move,
say, using remote access software, you can bet i will do whatever i can
in the meantime,
i suggest you pay the 'experts' their fifty dollars per hour
maybe they can fix your keyboard  [rotfl!]

in re your hospital visit, it's okay to be scared,
but i think if you are going to spend time and energy
anticipating disasters
it might be useful to spend an equal amount of time and energy
anticipating miracles!

i actually feel a bit envious of the hospital staff
who are going to have to put up with you!

in re asking god for help
i don't think you have to ask
i've heard that "special assistants" get special consideration...

i will be thinking of you both

with much love

cyb-sis janet

janet [log in to unmask]