Linda, The reason I asked was: The other day I was reading posts from
the autism list, and came across this story that another member had
written. If I did not have respect for this particular member then I
probably would not have given it a second thought. It may be difficult
to follow what she is trying to say, because it is part on an ongoing
conversation with another member. But I believe that you will be able
to grasp the information that I found so surprising.
 I find myself wondering about my dad, and from what I have learned
that there are subsets of autistic children, and whether or not this is
true with Parkinson's, that Parkinson's symptoms can be caused by
various factors, and not one factor is the cause of all Parkinson's.
  My father has tried several different types of l-dopa medicine and
none have shown to be of any benefit. As with some members here,
reporting dramatic improvements within days or weeks.
  Could it be that he is misdiagnosed when the signs and symptoms
fit such a classical model? This is something that I am determined to
find some answers to, but right now the list of possibilities are
rather overwhelming.          Linda Forrest's Mom

Clipped from a letter sent to the autism list:

I'm on the Alzheimers list, too, and one listmate surprised us over a
few
weeks with an incredible story about her own mother who was in a locked
Alzheimers unit with severe Parkinson's disease, an inability to
communicate, and bad behavior problems.  She had a sore on her foot, and
was
treated with an antibiotic or something such, and in a few days, she
became
so totally normal that they felt constrained to move her out of the AD
ward
into the regular part of the nursing home where she has been happily
living
since without her Parkinson's symptoms.  Even if she had could have had
some
sort of "susceptibility gene" toward Parkinsons, it certainly needed the
presence of whatever the drug must have killed in order to become
expressed
in her.  The "critter's" DNA was apparently just as relevant to her
health
as her own.