Welcome, Lee.  I think it's terrific that you're on the net for your dad.
He's lucky to have you working for him.  Are you doing the computer stuff
because he's not much of a computer person?  If he wants to talk to someone
in a similar situation, give him my e-mail address.  I'm 55 and diagnosed
two months ago.  I too am still learning the language of PD and still
adjusting to my new status.  And I'm still learning about this e-mail
stuff.  This listsserve has been a real boost for me.

Ken

>Dear All,
>
>Please let me introduce myself. My name is Lee. I don't have Parkinson's
>myself, but my Dad has just been diagnosed at the age of fifty. I hope
>that you don't mind me joining your list. Through my e-mail access I'm
>trying to find out as much as I can about Parkinsons to help Dad and the
>rest of the family to cope as things progress. It may be a while before
>I'm able to contribute to the list. At the moment we're not even sure what
>questions there are to be answered. We're taking it one step at a time.
>
>Thanks for reading this. I look forward to becoming an active member of
>the list.
>
>Lee

Ken Nye
Assistant Professosr of Educational Leadership
University of Southern Maine
Gorham, Maine  04032
207-780-5090