^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     deg. F

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997 01:41:57 -0500 [log in to unmask] writes:
>According to my neuro.....mirapex and sinemet can both lower blood
>pressure......perhaps you are just overmedicated on the combo or only
>the
>mirapex........try reducing the mirapex.
>Rita

Hi Rita,

ThANK YOU for your suggestion..  I am down from 5 to only 1 Mirapex
(0.125 mg.)/ day. It is taken  at 12:30 am, to see if that helps extend
my nighttime "on" period, and possibly helps me to sleep by avoiding
end-of-dose dystonia that has been very painful..  I cannot take Mirapex,
even in this tiny dosage, during the day, without losing alertness.

Perhaps I am an example of ultra-sensitivity to agonists, since even the
tiniest Permax dose made me disoriented and drowsy, and Parlodel also
made me drowsy, while knocking down my blood pressure.

My local neuro thinks I may have to give up entirely on Mirapex, and try
Ropinerole(Requip)..
I am watching the Dale Severance reports and others for side-effects
already troubling me with Mirapex.

What I wonder is--is it Parkinson's or is it the agonists or both, that
lower my Blood Pressure?

IVAN