On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Ivan M Suzman wrote:

> ^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
> Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
> Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   29  deg. F  snow and cold
> Hi LEE,
>
> Welcome from across the ocean, from a PWP activist.  I am 47 and in my
> 10th year of PD.
> What kinds of symptoms does you Dad have? Is he taking medications?
>
>IVAN

My Dad was recently diagnosed after getting continuing tremors in his
arms. He stoops, and has difficulty picking his feet up, getting out of
chairs and out of bed. He started to worry when he seemed to slow down in
all of his movements.

He's just started his first set of medication, and has been prescribed
Sinemet. So far, it seems to be helping and giving him more mobility. Has
anyone used this medicine before? Are there any side-effects to this
medicine?

Many Thanks for all of your help,

Lee