Let me introduce myself.  I'm 62 years old and have had Parkinson's
symptoms for about two years.  However, I've only known what it is for
about 7 months, when  I finally went to a urologist.  I was taking Sinuate
and Eldepryl which helped my symptoms and enabled me to write again and
walk better and eat better.  The whole right side of my body was becoming
rigid.

The drugs caused me to  have insomnia and other side effects.
Approximately two months ago I gradually switched from Sinemet and Eldepryl
to NADH, brand named Enada produced by Kal company.  It has relieved my
symptoms as well as the Sinemet without any side effects.  I am sleeping
like a baby.  I buy it from the health food store in boxes of 30 tablets 5
mg each.  I read on the net that Dr. Birkmeyer who discovered both L-dopa
and NADH recommends 20 to 25 mgs a day for people with PD.  This is about
$50 a week.

I recently read that fava beans produce dopamine in the body, so I was
surfing the net for fava beans and found your page.  By the way, there is a
lot about fava beans on there and it confirms that they are effective and
do pass the brain blood barrier.  One and 3/4 oz of the beans equates to
70% of one Sinemet CR and  lasts 5 hours.

Looking forward to interacting with other PD people.

Carol Phelps