From:   Wanda & Gail
Sent:   Monday, November 24, 1997 8:30 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Cc:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: Pemoline Report

Barb,

I'd like to remind you about something that you already know but it
may apply:

1) sleep and awake cycles take at 'least' two weeks to stablelize.

2) when 1 is too much, 1/2 can be better, or 1/4 some help is better
than none

3) 'years of bone crushing fatigue' will take a period of adjustment
to new found energy, maybe muscle weakness may have resulted and some
exercise for endurance will help smooth out the transition period.

Just some thoughts,
Gail

Re:Barb's Pemoline Report:

FYI.... I was prescribed the drug PEMOLINE ((last week)) to see if it
would alleviate the terrible, bone crushing, daily PD-related fatigue
I've lived with for (( the past several years)).

Well... there's good news and there's bad news:

The good news is the ((drug DID keep me awake in the afternoons)).

The bad news is when it wore off in about 4 hours, I crashed into THE
most unbelievable sleepiness imaginable!   I was WASTED for the rest
of the day!
Total ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I experimented with the amount of time between first and second doses
during the day and still had the same reaction about 4 hours after
taking the initial dose of the day.

YIKES!!!!
I don't want to struggle on thru a ((reasonable test period)) with
this drug to see if I adjust any better to it.  I don't like feeling
like a ZOMBIE!

Adios Pemoline.  <yawning>

Barb Mallut