 I just received a call from a speech (therapist?  pathologist?) at JFK
Hospital in Edison, NJ (central part of the state - Middlesex County) to
tell me of a meeting at that hospital on Sat. Dec 6 from 1:15-2:30 PM to
talk about the Lee Silverman Speech program.  Dr. Ramig, from CA, the
developer of this program for improving speech for PWP which has gotten
such high praise here, will speak.

Afterward, from 2:30 - 3:30, individual candidates will be screened for
suitability by, I guess, the newly trained team and their trainers from CA.

I have tried to participate in the past but the nearest practitioners to me
are in NYC and Philly, both 2++ hours away, too far for a 4 week, 4 day per
week, 4 hour per day program.  Edison is much closer to most of NJ and NE
PA.

If any one is interested call Ms. Soriana at JFK Hospital at 908 321 7000
X1736.  (Unfortunately, I will be in CA that week getting my first collagen
shot in my vocal chords, but at least I know where to go for Silverman
now!!  I had traditional speech therapy with very limited improvement).

***If any of you out there care to, please post your impressions of the Lee
Silverman program - both short and long term improvement.- for those on the
list who haven't heard of it. This might encourage people who have given up
on their voices entirely, ****

Thank you

Bruce A (51,3)

PS
My voice is so bad, I had to buy 3 different micro recorders before I had
one on
which I could understand myself at all.  (Fortunately Shaper Image takes
things back even if looked like it had been floating around on your car
floor for a month, which it had - no boxes, no paperwork, lots of
scratches.   Must be a little extra profit built in there.)