 G'day to all PWP's,
    My name is Michael J.(Jim) Leonard, 58 Yrs young, I have been on your
list for some weeks for my bro-in-law in Sydney, Australia recently DX with
PD and was not going to join in until such time as he had a question.
    However, since the runny nose debate started I can come in on my own
account and it may be of some assistance, I am a Heart Transplant, done at
St. Vincents Hospital, Sydney in DEC. 1994 HTX 403 ( similar anniversary to
Barbara's Pallidotomy at Loma Linda). I have the symptons of runny nose at
meal times,especially with soup and they are evident in quite a few of the
transplant people that I know. I think this points the finger more at the
medications than the disease, though our meds regime is aimed more at
immuno -suppression we do have some similar problems caused by medication,
my suspicions lie with anti- cholesterol drugs. These have given me the
most side effects of all the meds that we take.
    I would like also to thank the convenors of this forum ( Barbara P. and
Univ. of Toronto) for making such a marvelous resource available, I have
learnt a great deal , as with you all my wife and I wish Don McKINLEY a
speedy turn round from hospital - I don't think he needs us, it's the other
way around.
                                                                      KEEP
WELL,
                                                                 Jim