Dale,

I was sitting here at my computer, feeling a bit sorry for myself and
wondering why I'm wide awake at this time every day when the rest of the
world is still asleep.  Then I read your latest posting about the woman
with Shy Drager and started feeling really ashamed of myself.  Also, I
wanted to mention a few things about requip.  Is that another name for
mirapex?  From what you said, it sounds like a dopamine agonist, so the
procedure for getting used to it must be similar.

I've found from experience that it's not a good idea to quit anything cold
turkey.  I had a drastic reaction from just cutting down slightly on
mirapex.  Don't be impatient if you don't notice immediate results.  It
will proably take a few weeks, but you should experience less "off" time
and
more mobility during the night.  If you have balance problems, the
medicine should help.  Watch out for drowsiness, especially when you're
driving.  The biggest problem I have is its unpredictability.  It
sometimes doesn't kick in when it should, but hours later, like in the
middle of the night.  I have more dyskinesia and am trying to work around
that, but it's hard because I take the cr's (25'100's) and can't lessen
that.  If I take it less often, I'm off more; otherwise I have dyskinesia.
Thank God for the Udall bill. It's our ray of hope!

Good luck and happy turkey day!

Pat