Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:30:12 -0500 (EST)
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New CenterWatch Newsletter

Editorial Contributions for New CenterWatch Newsletter

In January, CenterWatch will launch New Medical Therapies, a new
monthly newsletter for patients interested in clinical trials.
I=92m writing today to solicit first-person articles from
patients for the first few issues.

New Medical Therapies will be the fourth newsletter published by
CenterWatch, and the first geared toward patients. (Our other
publications are read by researchers and sponsors of drug
trials.) It will include:

Reports on new drugs being tested and how the experimental drugs
compare with existing therapies.
Reviews of newly approved drugs.
Updates on new trials being launched.
Trial results of experimental drugs.
Results of clinical tests of alternative therapies.

In addition, New Medical Therapies is designed to serve as a
forum for patients. We will be publishing articles about
patients' rights in clinical trials, historical information
relating to human subjects in clinical trials, etc. Most
important, we want to make New Medical Therapies a newsletter
that gives patients in clinical trials a voice. In each issue, we
intend to include a first-person by-lined article from someone
who has been in a clinical trial, describing first-hand his or
her experience. The article will include an overview of the
ailment, why the person volunteered, what the experience was like
(pros and cons, etc.), and advice for others considering
volunteering for a trial.

 We hope this feature will foster a sense of community among New
Medical Therapies=92 readers, offering them the opportunity to
learn from each other.
The first-person articles will run from 700 to 1400 words in
length. If you, or someone you know, is interested in submitting
an article, please reply  by e-mail to CenterWatch.
([log in to unmask]). I'll send you the guidelines for
writing the piece. Our first issue of New Medical Therapies is
scheduled for January 1998. If you are interested in submitting
an article for the first issue, please contact me before December
5, 1997.

Thank you!

Joanna White
New Medical Therapies