As yet one more of the runny nose at mealtimes brigade,
(waiter, I'll have the steak au poivre and a box of tissues
please), I'd like to chip in with the following thoughts.

1.      We know that many PWP have the experience
        but we do not know how wide spread the experience
        is in the general population.  It may well be that the
        incidence is similar across the board.

2.      My own speculation as to what is happening is that
        slightly drier/thicker than normal mucas is released
        by the jaw action associated with chewing and the
        throat action associated with swallowing.  In other words
        the running nose is caused by a purely mechanical
        process.  Of course the dryness may well be caused by
        reactions to medications etc.

Dennis

Dennis Greene 48/10
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/