Melinda...

My comments were not directed at you, personally nor were they meant as
an attack on how well or not you  personally do your job.  Rather it's the
organization itself I refer to and their overall efforts in making PD known
nation-wide.  And THAT - after many years in the business - they just haven't
cut it, in my opinion.

In all fairness... I believe that PD itself doesn't lend itself well as an
"attention getter."  The majority of the general public aren't aware there's'
any other symptom's besides the "classic PD tremors."  They haven't a CLUE  of
the misery it cna bring into not only an individual's life, but also to their
loved ones.

Publicly, PD's almost always referred to as an "old persons disease," as tho
THAT excuses it!

As I see it, the world around us isn't being made aware that Parkinson's is:

1.   A physically, mentally, and socially destructive disease to those who are
forced to live with it, and those same terms definitely fit PD-related drugs,
too!

2.   Parkinson's is much, MUCH more than an "old person's disease," NOWADAYS!
 It can and DOES strike young adults, as well as our Baby Boomers - who are
entering middle age right now.   And believe me, as one of them early
"Boomers," we STILL have a lot of life, and a lotta living to do!

Again, Melinda... I meant no personal attack on you as a representative of
NPF, or upon your year's worth of effort while in the employ of that agency.
The NPF has been around a loooong time and they STILL haven't brought
Parkinson's out of the darkness, where we're invisible - and into the light
where the disease will be KNOWN for what it TRULY is.

And if anyone "out there'" wants to know 'bout this miserable disease, just
ASK, 'cause we'll be pleased to let ya know!

Barb Mallut